Thursday, April 12, 2012

news notes

rick santorum drops out - oh, thank heaven. 

connecticut boy brings heroin to show and tell; step-dad arrested - wait, what?!

fbi's joint terrorism task force probes bomb threats at university of pittsburgh - i've been following this on facebook since it started - as a "fan" of pitt, i get all the evacuation notices on my news feed.  it's multiple threats a day at this point.  i cannot imagine how frustrating and scary this is for the students, faculty, and staff.  as a pitt alum, my heart just aches.

chili's introduces touch screens at tabletops so you can avoid human contact - this is just wrong on so many levels.  a of all, if you don't like human contact, then order the food for carryout and go home.  b of all, try interacting and talking with your children rather than just throwing a game in their face to get them to shut up.  c of all, it's total bullshit that this won't cut down on the number of actual servers needed.

george zimmerman to plead not guilty to second-degree murder in trayvon martin case - i haven't spoken too much on this whole case.  but i'm glad to see that they did finally file charges.  i'll be anxious to see how this all pans out over the next several months.

jury selection begins in john edwards' trial - he should go to jail just for abandoning his wife when she was diagnosed with cancer.  douchebag.

1 comment:

C said...

I hadn’t heard anything about the Pittsburgh bomb threats. So scary! All I can think about with those touch screens is how dirty they have to be. And no one washes their hands before the food comes. Except me. I use hand sanitizer on myself and my kids because I’m a germaphobe. John Edwards is disgusting.